Take the fried corn shell out of the dish and it tastes just as good, if not better. Like most salads, this recipe requires a good amount of chopping, but that’s about the extent of the work!
Ingredients for Spice Rub
- 1/4 t garlic powder & salt
- 1/2 t cumin, onion & smoked paprika
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 lb. Mahi Mahi or other firm fleshed fish (Tilapia, Orange Roughy, etc.)
Ingredients for Salad
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 T pickled jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 t honey
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
For the rub, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Place the fish on a plate and pat both sides dry with paper towels. Sprinkle the rub evenly on each piece, of each side of the fish. Rub in the mixture with your fingers. Grill or saute the fish, on high, for about 4 minutes on each side.
For the salad, combine all the ingredients and stir to mix together.