A nice alternative to the ubiquitous Greek salad.
- 1 red cabbage
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 c pepitas (a.k.a. hulled, green pumpkin seeds)
- 5 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 T Dijon mustard
- 2 t oregano
- 2 lemons, juiced & zested
- 4 T vinegar
- 5 glugs olive oil
- S & P
1. Slice the cabbage in half and remove the white, inedible core.
Lay the cabbage, cut side down, and slice as thinly as you can without cutting yourself. Do the same for the onion.
2. Put the sliced cabbage, onion, pepitas and crumbled feta cheese in a large bowl.
3. Just like you’re making a salad dressing–combine the rest of the ingredients in a container with a lid and shake the hell out of it.
4. Pour the dressing onto the cabbage.
5. Serve immediately or stick it in the fridge and let it marinate.