Brandon l-o-v-e-s watermelon. I h-a-t-e watermelon. Well, I don’t hate it, but I don’t get excited like Brandon does when it comes in season, mainly because I hate the seeds. I hate the seeds in oranges too. Must have been some kind of childhood trauma. Haha, just kiddin’. All that being said, Brandon devoured this salad and I thought it was pretty darn good myself. We served this with No-Fry Crispy Chicken Wings and it was the perfect grease cutting kind of summer salad.
- 1 4-5 lb., seedless watermelon (we used a Sugar Baby), diced
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in 1/2
- 1 handful of mint, chopped
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 squeeze of the honey bear
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and eat!