Chili made from chilies made to be eaten while it’s chilly, perhaps before you travel to Chile? No?
- 1 lb ground meat (we used chicken, but any meat will work)
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed and finely diced
- 2 poblano peppers, chopped
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1/4 c pickled jalapenos, finely diced
- 1/4 c green olives (the kind with the pimento inside)
- 2 1/2 c chicken stock
- 2 limes, juiced
In a large soup pot, brown the turkey. Add the onion & garlic, and let it sweat for a while, then add the rest of the ingredients. Let the chili simmer over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, until everything has softened and come together. Serve with additional lime wedges and some avocado slices on top.