Mudslide Fudge Cookies

Five minutes from mixing bowl to oven, these suckers are a swift, indulgent, chocolate-y kick in the mouth.

• 2/3 c cocoa powder
  • 1/3 c egg whites (roughly 2 or 3), save the yolks for pudding or cupcakes or extra yolky scrambled eggs
  • 1/4 c honey
  • 1/4 c dark chocolate chips, chopped
  • 1/2 t vanilla extract

See how to put these together on

February 15, 2012 at 3:23 pm

just pinned these from Food Renegade… they look deelish!

February 15, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Where are the instructions for making these cookies?

Andrea R
      February 16, 2012 at 8:19 am

Sharon – you have to go to Food Renegade to find the rest of the recipe. :)

February 15, 2012 at 11:51 pm

These were AMAZING!!! And so freakin easy. Everything I try that y’all post is great. Thank you!!!

February 18, 2012 at 8:15 pm

I LOVE these! I did a bit of experimenting – here are two variations I came up with:

February 22, 2012 at 1:17 pm

You guys are fantastic…thank you for such great ideas and recipes!!! I have a whole folder on my computer full of “Just Paleo” websites. Health-Bent is definitely my new favorite. I Just made these cookies this weekend. And they came out soooo good. Man, they were easy. I also made mine into a whoopie pie version, making a coconut milk/honey frosting mixed with a dollop of Almond butter…AWESOME!!! I also wanted to ask what type of dark chocolate do you recommend using? I’ve always heard the using the kind that is at least 76% cacao is best although I’ve had a tough time finding some. I have just been using Trader Joe’s Organic Super Dark Chocolate bar which is only 73&…whatcha guys think? And I use honey as my choice of sweetener, but admittedly I probably use a bit too much. I also use coconut palm sugar from time to time for sweeter recipes. Thanks again!!

February 26, 2012 at 12:45 pm

thank you so much stephanie!

high % cocoa just means less i would definitely say that either bar or chip form of a high % cocoa is totally awesome. i say just go with whichever is cheaper.

Susan H
    February 26, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Can these possibly be adapted into a chocolate cookie that is both thin and minty?

I have gluten-free friends, but they’re new to it. One ate three GS cookies. She is now suffering for it. I want to help.

March 7, 2012 at 11:40 am

these aren’t really the same texture as a thin mint. they’re softer for sure.

February 29, 2012 at 9:14 am

These were so intense and tasty. Almost too much. I’m thinking these would be good if they were spread into a small pan and treated like fudge instead of cookies. A tiny bite would have been enough! Also, I think I needed more moisture because mine didn’t turn out flat like yours. I’m going to play around with using mashed bananas instead of the honey because I don’t think my body reacted well to the honey.

March 3, 2012 at 6:07 am

Mmmmm is all I can say! I am munching on a couple right now. Delicious! I am interested in Carrie’s idea of mashed banana. Do you think this would work if they were super ripe? Otherwise could stevia or truvia be subbed? If any or all of these work, what quantity should I use? Thanks for the help!

March 6, 2012 at 1:11 pm

DELISH. I started Paleo 5 hours ago and I had already been thinking how I can factor dessert into my life!!!

So happy my friend sent me this!

April 25, 2012 at 7:46 pm

so easy, so fast to make, and omg holy chocolate. imagine a flourless chocolate cake but in cookie form. rich and decadent, you definitely feel like you’re really spoiling yourself when you eat these. thinking maybe some slivered almonds in them might be good or a little bit of mint extract might make them taste like thin mints. just a thought. all in all, these are AWESOME

August 6, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Uh… was I supposed to flatten these before baking? Mine stayed little fat blobs, though they tasted good.

August 8, 2012 at 12:21 pm

the batter is super thin, so it should have thinned itself out. perhaps your honey had crystalized and kept the batter from thinning out?

August 23, 2012 at 11:49 am

Loved these, absolutely amazing! A little bitter towards the end, but still so delicious!

September 12, 2012 at 5:22 pm

These are unbelievably delicious! I love baking, and normally bake traditional baked goods for everyone else to eat, but I found these and was thrilled! Even my VERY pregnant (read picky) sister loves them. They are definitely going to be made fairly often, thank you!

February 4, 2013 at 1:38 pm

These were awesome! Mine also stayed in chunky little blobs but they tasted great, and so easy with so few ingrediants! Better right from the oven than the next day, but what can you do… I didn’t have vanilla extract so I used almond and it added a nice flavor. Next time I might try adding a pinch or two of some cinnimon, cyanne, and/or chipoltle, leaving my chocolate in larger chopped peices to have more little molten bits, and using a melon baller to try to shape them better. Thanks for the great recipe, I couldn’t believe how well it turned out!

Pooja @ Running the Body
    June 20, 2013 at 8:56 pm

This was the first recipe I tried on your site and I LOVED the cookies! I sprinkled some of them with sea salt and some with unsweetened coconut flakes, and they were so incredible. I’m usually a chocolate fiend so I was sure I’d gobble them right up, but I was only able to eat one at a time (then froze the rest because they are SO good frozen). Thanks for posting such an easy, delicious cookie recipe! Next I’m trying your Pad Thai–SO excited about that one. I was Paleo for a while last year and found that I was at my healthiest when I mostly followed that lifestyle, so I’m currently working on getting back to it. Thank you for making it easier!

Pooja @ Running the Body
      June 20, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Also, I substituted agave for the honey (and added less than 1/4 cup) because that’s what I had on hand, and they were still fantastic!