This weekend we’ll be in Atlanta for our CrossFit Level 1 certification. Our meals/snacks will have to eaten during breaks. We pack all our food in a cooler with ice packed into zip-top bags (or ice packs if you have them) and there’s really no need for a fridge. So with a little effort and planning, we can have 80% of our food packed and ready to eat whenever we need it.
Hard Boiled Eggs
- Boil a dozen eggs, peel them and place in a zip-top bag. Make sure to put some salt and pepper in a snack size bag and add it to the egg bag.
- Wild smoked salmon can be found at most grocery stores. I doctored it up with a squeeze of lemon juice, vidalia onions and capers. If you don’t like/can’t find wild-caught smoked salmon, I’d highly recommend wild-caught, boneless, skineless sardines, mackeral or kippers with a pop-top lid. Make sure to pack a few plastic forks.
- We’re almond-d out. We’re only bringing pistachios with us. Put the bag of pistachios in an a larger plastic bag and use that as the trash bag for the shells.
- I cut up mangoes, strawberries and peaches. Pack some forks for this and eat it straight out of the bag.
- 72% mint and raspberry dark chocolate squares.