It’s like going to the hibachi restaurant without all that added pressure of trying to catch the shrimp in your mouth…
For the Salad
- romaine lettuce, 2-3 heads, chopped
- thinly peeled carrots and cucumbers
For the Dressing
- 4-inch piece peeled, fresh ginger (~3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup oil (high-oleic/high heat sunflower oil or a light olive oil)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup wheat-free tamari
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
Whizz in food pro until well combined.
For the Chicken
- oil or fat, for the pan
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 4 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
In large skillet, add your oil of choice over medium-high heat. Add chicken and leave it for a bit. Don’t mess with it, you want it to get crispy. Keep an eye on it, and after about 2-3 minutes add 2 T of the tamari and the juice of half the lemon, drizzle it around evenly. Once that starts to dry up and the chicken is getting brown and crispy on one side (approx. 5 minutes) toss the chicken to cook the other side. After 2-3 minutes repeat the process of drizzling the remaining tamari and juice of the other lemon half. After approximately 5 minutes continue to stir the chicken until cooked evenly on all sides. Once cooked through remove from heat and add sesame oil and sesame seeds and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve lettuce, carrots, and cukes topped with chicken and dressing.